Richard Clayborn Wright, 71, of Pleasanton, Kan., died on Feb. 14, 2017. Richard was born on April 17, 1945, to Richard H. and Francis Louise (Hayden) Wright in Kansas City, Kan.
On Jan. 20, 1973, he married Janet Sue Hunt in Florida. Richard and Janet were truck drivers for many years. Richard also enjoyed riding his motorcycles.
Richard was preceded in death by his parents and one sister, Hazel Margaret Anderson.
Survivors include two sons, Rick Wright and wife Jody, and Jeff Wright; two daughters, Rhonda Rookstool and husband Frankie, and Robin Rowland and husband Devin; one brother, Terry Dean Wright; one sister, Teresa Huffman and husband Earl; a brother-in-law, Robert Anderson; many grandchildren and great-grandchildren; and one stepdaughter, Lana Kay Montgomery and husband Don.
A visitation was Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017, at Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel.
The family suggests contributions to Richard Wright Memorial Fund in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box 525, Pleasanton, KS 66075. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Homes & Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel.
James Edward Daringer, 64, of Mound City, Kan., died Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017, at Olathe Medical Center. James was born Aug. 25, 1952, in La Cygne, Kan., to James Albert and Inez Irene (Mindell) Daringer. There will be a private family service for James at a later date. Arrangements:... [More]
Clyde Milford Johnson, age 81, resident of Fulton, Kan., died Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017, at his home. He was born Sept. 10, 1935, in Brookville, Ind., the son of Jesse and Elizabeth Kinder Johnson. He married Georgia Carol Harding on July 8, 1965, in Phoenix, Ariz. He worked as... [More]
Bonnie L. Purdy, age 75, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017, at her home. She was born on Nov. 8, 1941, at Winona, Mo., the daughter of Paul M. and Creado B. Bell Hunt. She married Russell Purdy at the Linn County Courthouse on Jan. 4, 1971. This union lasted... [More]
La Cygne will use up to $14,000 of a Linn County infrastructure grant to pave Lincoln Street and will apply the remainder of the total $54,279 toward its sanitary sewer system. By passing their plan on a 4-0 vote at their regular City Council meeting last Wednesday, Feb. 15,... [More]
Speed and weight limits will be temporarily posted on two gravel roads northeast of Parker. That resolution, caused by Miami County’s closure for Middle Creek bridge replacement on Plum Creek Road south of 403rd Street, was among road related issues dominating the Linn... [More]
Nov. 7 ballot measure seeks to divert from sewer only revenue Parker will ask its voters at the Nov. 7 general election to change the recipient fund of its 1-cent city sales tax. That process of ballot inclusion began at last Thursday night’s City Council meeting with... [More]
- Breaking News: Weis, Kleidosty arrested on charges of failure to report child abuse
- La Cygne voices construction damage agreement City also to seek downtown alley-meter bids
- La Cygne City Council acts on personnel items
- Misunderstanding tables AMR\Linn Valley ambulance agreement
- Linn County Park road renamed in honor of Bruce Holt
- Pleasanton Airport to receive funding under Kansas Airport Improvement Project
- Man arrested in connection with missing Iola man
- Test finds coliform bacteria in Pleasanton Mercy Clinic water supply
The Jayhawk wrestling team hosted the 3A-1A Regionals on Feb. 17-18. The Hawks qualified two wrestlers for State Tournament in Trevor Compton and Grant Cunningham by them placing in the top four. The Hawks placed 12th out of 24 teams with 55 points. Douglas won the tournament... [More]
The Prairie View wrestling team traveled to Frontenac on Feb. 17-18 to compete in one of the 4A Regionals to determine who went to the State Tournament. The Buffalos did exceptionally well as they placed first in the tournament and qualified eight wrestlers for state. The top... [More]
- Allen medals for the Buffalos at State
- JV volleyball participates in MVHS tournament
- Catching summer panfish
- Pokemon GO going wild at Kansas state parks
- Pleasanton golf hosts varsity invitational
- Hard hitting, stingy pitching again key to Lady Buffalo sweep
- Sixth-inning comeback secures Buff sweep over Archie
- Pleasanton girls drop game against St. Paul, routs Altoona